|2017 Beiwai International PhD Forum on Linguistic Science|
CALL FOR PAPERS
The inaugural Beiwai International PhD Forum on Linguistic Science will be held on August 21-23, 2017 in Beijing, China. This is a premier scientific conference designed to address the research and educational needs of PhD students/candidates in linguistic science, both in China and internationally. We are delighted to invite PhD students/candidates who are involved in the field of linguistics, applied linguistics and translation studies to attend this forum.
Confirmed keynote speakers of the forum are Professor Juliane House (Universität Hamburg) and Professor Yan Huang (University of Auckland). In addition, we are in the process of inviting a third keynote speaker, to be announced later.
PhD students/candidates whose proposals are selected to include in the program will have an opportunity for a 20-minute presentation followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
There will be no registration fee for the forum, and the conference organizers will provide cheap accommodation (student dorm/guesthouse) on campus for those from outside of China.
Time: August 21-23, 2017
Venue: Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China
Organizers: BFSU Advanced Academy of Linguistic Science, China National Research Center for Foreign Language Education, Editorial Office of Language Teaching and Research
Proposals are welcome in the following topic strands (but not confined to them).
7. Any interface between the two areas listed above
2. Language and Culture
3. Language and Technology
4. Language Acquisition and Psycholinguistics
5. Language Teaching: Methodology and Assessment
6. Language Curriculum Design and Evaluation
7. Language Teacher Education and Development
2. Translation and Cultures in the Context of Globalization
3. Creation and Application of Translation Corpus
4. Cognitive Exploration in Translation: New Courses and New Methods
5. Translation in Multi-Media Information Communication
6. Translation Competence: Definition and Measurement
7. Interpreting: Teaching and Research
Abstracts (200-250 words long) of the proposed presentations should be submitted via email to email@example.com together with a 60-word bio-note (with your full name, affiliation, research interests, etc.) and contact information (your email, phone number with country/area code).
We look forward to meeting with you in August in Beijing!(责任编辑：sinotefl)